Vertafore | Product Management
About the Vertafore
Vertafore is a top provider of software for the rapidly evolving insurance industry. We create award-winning solutions to boost productivity, lower costs, and help agents and carriers grow their businesses. We respect and value our team, and we look to bring the best talent together to make our future even stronger.
Our culture encourages employees who can create, think, and challenge each other in a fast-paced environment. We are transforming our products and services, using advanced techniques to create new “ways and value” for the insurance industry.
About the Opportunity
Analytics is central to Vertafore's vision of the future, and data scientists are a critical component of cutting-edge product innovation and research. As a data scientist at Vertafore, you will be responsible for finding signals in complex and industry-unique data sets, developing innovative data science models, and building the foundation of Vertafore’s data science team.
In a typical week as a part of the Data Science Organization, you will:
- Identify opportunities for AI and machine learning in new and existing products
- Create new lines of revenue for the company in partnership with the product team
- Add value to our internal teams by optimizing business processes and decision making
- You will develop analytical models in several applications: recommender systems, forecasting, measurement, customer segmentation, propensity modeling, NLP
- You will work with large and messy data sets to solve complex problems using cutting edge data science tools
- You will work across lines of business to drive real, measurable value
- 2+ years of experience working with data sets and building statistical models
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion for data and analytics
- Ability to quickly learn and execute
- Experience with:
- Exploratory Analysis
- Evaluating and Defining Metrics
- Building and analyzing dashboards and reports
- Deep understanding of data visualization best practice
- Knowledge of Tableau
- Expertise of SQL or other query languages
- Expertise of Python and tools such as Tensorflow, Keras, SciKit-Learn, Spark
- Knowledge of statistics (e.g., regression, causal inference) and AI (e.g., NLP)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or related field
- 4+ years of experience working with complex data sets and building statistical models
- Master’s Degree in Data Science/Statistics Preferred
- Experience working with teams in dispersed geographies
Vertafore is a drug-free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug and background screenings.
The selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities, duties, skill, or working conditions. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. In addition, this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.