Omnitracs | T&L Product Mgmt
Omnitracs, LLC is a global pioneer of trucking solutions for all business models. Omnitracs’ more than 1,000 employees deliver software-as-a-service-based solutions to help more than 12,000 customers manage nearly 1,100,000 assets in more than 70 countries. The company pioneered the use of commercial vehicle telematics over 25 years ago and serves today as a powerhouse of innovative, intuitive technologies. Omnitracs transforms the transportation industry through technology and insight, featuring best-in-class solutions for compliance, safety and security, productivity, telematics and tracking, transportation management (TMS), planning and delivery, data and analytics, and professional services.
The Product Owner is responsible for supporting project execution, market research, market analysis, market positioning, schedule tracking and timely delivery to interim milestones. The Product Owner will also lead product meetings, provide status to management, and identify and manage all technical barriers and risks while developing product requirements.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Development and maintenance of product requirements by working directly with Engineering Leads, Program Managers and Product Managers.
- Full-cycle leadership on assigned products.
- Understand the product details and lead product related technical and business analysis activities.
- Understand the system users and the user experiences
- Research and understand the competitive market landscape
- Represent the product team in periodic cross-function team meetings.
- Document creation and management.
- Developing and managing new features and feature enhancements designed to increase the value proposition of a product or its position in the competitive landscape.
- Attend technical meetings and independently recognize potential impacts to product deliverable.
- Provide assistance to other products managers as needed.
- Work with engineers to properly architect the product from the user interface to the database.
- Perform the duties of Product Owner within the Agile process, that includes attending all Scrum meetings, grooming the backlog, planning sprints, etc
- Ensure development follows best practices model for engineering design
- Willing to travel 15% of the time to Windsor ON and Dallas TX
- EDUCATION:BS/BA in business, engineering, or a related field.
- CERTIFICATIONS: Certificate in Pragmatic Marketing a plus
- EXPERIENCE: 1-2 year’s work experience in engineering, analytics, or related field
- Possess strong computer expertise and the ability to learn new applications and technologies rapidly
- Some programming skills is a must
- Experience understanding and working with technical concepts
- Experience with Agile development is a must
- Experience in building and launching software applications in SaaS environment
- Experience in the transportation industry is a plus
- Proven business and market planning skills
- Requires the mastery of standard Microsoft applications (Word, Power Point, Excel)
- Strong analytical skills, and the ability to understand high level and low level business and technical concepts.
- Strong team-player with proven ability to work effectively with and influence engineering, sales, marketing, services and support
- Ability to plan and execute based on the product strategy
- Detail oriented and can show previous work to prove it
- Excellent communication skills
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Omnitracs LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal law.