Business Intelligence Data Engineer I
Jamf | 650 - Business Operations
Who we are:
Jamf, the standard for Apple in the enterprise, extends the legendary Apple experience people love to businesses, schools, and government organizations. After watching hundreds of users struggle to deploy, update, and secure Apple computers, iPads, and iPhones in business and in the classroom, we knew there had to be a better way to handle such pesky IT functions. Removing the barriers of technology and empowering doctors to treat patients, teachers to teach, and businesses to thrive.
Today, more than 34,000 customers from more than 150 countries rely on Jamf to help them succeed with Apple. We don’t say we are the best, but we strive to be the best. We are a group of curious, self-starters with a passion for making people’s lives easier, paving the way for a better Apple experience in government organizations, hospitals, businesses, and schools.
What you’ll do at Jamf:
At Jamf, we empower people to be their best selves and do their best work. Business Intelligence at Jamf is responsible for all data reporting and visibility at Jamf. This includes creation, management, and ongoing support for growing data creation systems at Jamf. The Data Engineer I is an integral member of the Business Intelligence team, responsible for implementing data management systems and tools to increase overall data quality and usage.
The Data Engineers work with the Data Analysts and Data Quality Analysts to design, build, test, and deliver data management solutions. These solutions ensure our data is available for consumption by the major business units at Jamf resulting in a data driven culture. The Data Engineers collaborate to define key data attributes, understand the business processes that generate the data, and build systems that make the data available in a secure and meaningful way.
- Generate and maintain complex data sets needed for analytics
- Design and implement solutions to automatically extract, transform, and load data sets where needed
- Create scripts, tools, or other software solutions to help enforce data governance policies
- Understand business KPIs and the definitions used in reporting on them
- Engineer solutions to resolve the issues in the data sets
- Collaborate with Data Quality Analysts to improve data health, quality, and governance
- Understand and execute within the data quality metrics set by the Data Quality Analysts
- Assist data quality initiatives by engineering solutions to enforce data governance policies
- Assist data quality initiatives by automated transformation of errant data
- Maintain an understanding of the data creating business processes
- Collaborate with business leaders to design and implement internal process improvements resulting in higher quality data
- Collaborate with Data Analysts to simplify access and reportability of existing data
- Create data tools that analysts can use for data visibility needs
- Maintain an understanding of the reporting and analytics tools used by the Data Analysts
- Support one time needs to extract, transform, and load data sets in existing tools and systems
- Monitor and assist in issue resolution from our service desk.
- 4 year / Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science or related field (Required)
- A combination of relevant experience and education may be considered
- No Licensure or Certification Required.
- Experience in a customer centric environment (Required)
- Experience in scripting languages for modifying large data sets like R, python or SQL (Required)
- Experience leveraging and deploying solutions in Amazon’s cloud environment (Preferred)
- 6 months - 2 years experience in extraction, transformation, and loading of large data sets (Required)
- Experiencing extracting, modifying, and updating data from Salesforce (Required)
- Working within a fast paced, iterative shipping environment
How we help you reach your best potential:
- We are progressive, but laid back. You are free to be you and work how you work best. Here, you manage your own day and your own work style.
- Be your own self-starter. We support each other no doubt, but we thrive taking initiative and are empowered to roll up our sleeves, dig in, and push forward.
- Everyone has a voice and everyone can make a difference, our more than 90% employee retention rate agrees!
- We put people over profits – which is why our customers keep coming back to us at a 96% customer retention rate
- Ability to support and give back to your community through volunteer paid time off.
- We embrace all perspectives. Our employee led I&D groups encourage employees to make real, actionable differences here at Jamf.
- 20 of the Top 25 Fortune 500 companies rely on Jamf to do their best work.
- We are relentless, but we are selfless. You can create and be creative, dig in, break it down, and troubleshoot to help others make sense of technology.
- Opportunity to make a real and meaningful impact for people by constantly building and improving the best Apple enterprise solution in the world.
- Best – in – class training in professional growth and product knowledge.
You are the right kind of Jamf if:
You go above and beyond for others, genuine and willing to help, always. You support the team around you, you don’t point fingers or pass blame. You take responsibility for your actions, are open, and respect others. You value different perspectives, in how you work and how you learn. You are naturally inquisitive, like to create and be creative. You are a problem solver, curious and resourceful, self-driven and constantly improving. You roll up your sleeves and dig in. You are excited by not knowing what may lie ahead. You are willing to take risks, try new things, even fail just to do it better next time. You’re not a jerk. You put people first. You are a good person, someone who just wants to do the right thing.
Our mission is simple; we help organizations succeed with Apple. At Jamf, we put people first. We focus on the human before we focus on the technology. We are just good people that have it in their gut to do what’s right – for our customers, our employees, and our communities.