Senior Backend Python Engineer
Numerator | Engineering
This is a fast-paced role with high growth, visibility, impact, and where many of the decisions for new projects will be driven by you and your team from inception through production.
If you are seeking an environment where you get to do meaningful work with other great engineers, then we want to hear from you!
What you will get to do
- Improving and optimizing existing backend systems including infrastructure and database.
- Solve scaling challenges related to our growing infrastructure and platform to accommodate our growing customer base.
- Make decisions about code design, architecture, and refactoring to balance technical debt against delivering functionality.
- Collaborate with your team to design, build, test and ship high quality software to Numerator’s customers while shaping Numerator’s technical roadmap for our products.
- Lead medium-large feature projects from conception to completion, working with stakeholders to identify project risks and recommend mitigating solutions
- Collaborate with our cross-functional team to build powerful and easy-to-use products
- Mentor junior engineers and perform code reviews.
What you bring
- At least 4 years of experience with server-side development, especially Python.
- Experience writing clean code that performs well at scale.
- A passion for the latest technologies and a desire to tackle new challenges head-on.
- Experience with large-scale distributed storage and database systems (SQL and/or NoSQL).
- Experience with Restful API Design & Implementation.
- Experience with Distributed and multithreaded programming
- Experience developing, releasing, and supporting backend code
- Motivation to participate in ongoing learning and growth through pair programming, test-driven development, code reviews, and application of new technologies and best practices.
- You look ahead to identify opportunities and foster a culture of innovation.
- BS, MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
Nice to haves
- Experience working in a modern web application stack (React, Backbone, Angular, Ember, etc.)
- Previous experience working with a geographically distributed software engineering team.
- Experience in an Agile software development environment
- Expertise with big data, analytics, machine learning, and personalization.
- Start-up or CPG industry experience
- Knowledge of DevOps tools like Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, Chef or Docker
What we offer you
- An inclusive and collaborative company culture - we work in an open environment while working together to get things done, and adapt to the changing needs as they come.
- An opportunity to have an impact in a technologically data driven company.
- Ownership over platforms and environments in an industry leading product.
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Volunteer time off and charitable donation matching
- Strong support for career growth, including mentorship programs, leadership training, access to conferences and employee resources groups.
- Regular hackathons to build your own projects and Engineering Lunch and Learns.
- Great benefits package including health/vision/dental, unlimited PTO, flexible schedule, RRSPs matching, travel reimbursement and more.
If this sounds like something you would like to be part of, we’d love for you to apply! Don't worry if you think that you don't meet all the qualifications here. The tools, technology, and methodologies we use are constantly changing and we value talent and interest over specific experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.