Cloud Cost Management Specialist
Ping Identity | Infrastructure Operations (2103)
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's build on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
As a Cloud Cost Management Specialist, you will analyze cloud spend, identify potential cost savings, and define follow up activities. Working closely with our Operations, Engineering, and Finance teams, you’ll ensure we maintain our cloud cost spend and environment stability through data analysis, consulting, accurate documentation, and creative problem-solving. You will be responsible for cloud spending projections, and simultaneously driving optimization recommendations through the Operations and Engineering organizations. You will thrive on learning our products and becoming an expert in cloud cost management. You will be providing value to our thought leaders, helping them to save money and do more with less.
- Assist in the development and tracking of cloud hosting budgets
- Performing Cost Optimization Assessments for our Engineering and Operations teams
- Executing on monthly deliverables for Cost Optimization Services
- Reporting monthly on cost savings achieved by each department
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for cost savings.
- Learning the core business offerings available to proactively identify and resolve issues before they affect service levels, and quickly and effectively resolve problems
- Providing our internal teams with consultative account management by understanding, analyzing and communicating cost-benefit analysis
- Collaborating in the development of new tools and strategies for an innovative, evolving Cost Optimization Service
- Develop deep expertise in the nuances and cost of AWS resources
- 3+ years of experience with financial modeling and proven experience with the development, implementation, and use of systems/tools in a cloud environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with C-Suite executives
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with or significant exposure and understanding of IT cost and financial planning and managementUnderstanding of billable resources in AWS, how they are priced, and how to navigate the AWS Billing interface
- Experience working with complex AWS environments, cost management tools, and reserved instance strategies, and other cost management tools such as CloudHealth
- Strong analysis of Financial data and business process-design experience
- Strong business acumen with the ability to have a conversation with technical depth and financial investments
- Proven track record of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses, and influencing resultsStrong written and verbal communication skills with a track record of presenting to senior management and communicating across teams