Intern - IT
MINDBODY | Product Development
Responsible for the data collection, analysis and process improvement activities as they pertain to New Technology Assessments, Application Inventory, and service desk ticketing. This position will be responsible for working across business and IT teams to collect data regarding New Technology requests, and application inventory items as well as other data collection, analysis, and management tasks as assigned.
MINDBODY is looking for a Temporary Data Specialist to work alongside our Corporate IT Architecture team. This internship will require 15-20 hours a week. The role will assist in primary support duties associated with the coordination, facilitation and management of data collection, analysis, and data mappings. This internship provides the opportunity to acquire experience and skills in data management/analysis, Information Technology, Project work, and an opportunity to explore the various components of interacting in a corporate environment. This role will work closely with different departments across MINDBODY and will be a great opportunity to learn about different aspects of our business.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented and able to track and enter data correctly into a number of systems including SalesForce, ServiceNow and others as needed to meet task objectives.
- Must be motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite is required; experience with Outlook is preferred
- General understanding of interpersonal skills and team facilitation
- An affinity for providing exceptional customer service
- Excellent communication (both oral and written) along with strong documentation skills
- General knowledge of data gathering and analysis is preferred
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs tasks associated with gathering, analyzing, and documentation of data assets
- Facilitate and participate in meetings to gain process knowledge and guidance on data management tasks.
- Coordinate gathering data metrics and assist in the classification of the data points
- Producing dashboards and reports for the data as instructed
- Providing training and data discovery information to data owners, stewards, and sponsors of the project, task, or initiative.
- Work closely with the Data Quality Improvement (DQI) team to build the required formalized practice.