Technical Support Engineer
Ping Identity | Tier I Support (3101)
Ping Identity has an industry leading suite of software and services products which are centered around industry standards such as SAML, OAuth, OIDC, FIDO, LDAP etc. Our SSO, Directory, MFA, CIAM and API Intelligence systems can be found operating in the Cloud and in customer’s private data centers.
The successful individual will be responsible for the first level of support for Ping Identity’s global customers using any of our products including PingFederate, PingAccess, PingDirectory, PingOne, PingID, and any supported integration kits. The environment is fast paced and requires mental dexterity. Our Tier 1 team consists of highly skilled engineers and we welcome new industry talent to join our Ping family. New college graduates and those interested in career growth are welcome to apply!
● Triage customer engagements
● Gather the required information
● Manage expectations
● Investigate issues and queries using the existing bodies of knowledge and test labs
● Communicate frequently and proactively follow up with the customer via phone, mail and internet meeting systems
● Actively participate in our community system (public facing Q&A)
● Contribute to our knowledge base
Our Tier 1 engineers respond to customer inquiries, triage issues, identify scope and gather information to ensure cases are properly documented in our ITSM tool. Our Technical Support Engineering team is responsible for researching functionality and usability related issues; working with our customer’s IT personnel to understand the nature of the issue and communicate steps to resolve or consult and escalate to the next tier when needed.
Team members must be able to work a flexible schedule supporting our global customer base.
Required Technology Exposure/Knowledge
- Familiar with SaaS applications (Salesforce, Google, etc) and supporting SaaS solutions
- Troubleshooting web-based applications (through HTTP Tracing tools and log analysis) in browsers and applications servers
- Understanding of Single Sign On (SAML, OAuth, OpenID & WS-FED)
- Understanding of Multi Factor Authentication (PingID, SecurID, DUO etc)
- Understanding of Lightweight Directory Access Protocol and Directory Services
Desired Technology Exposure/Knowledge
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), X.509 certificates & Kerberos
- Internet Protocols (HTTPS/SSL/TLS etc)
- Linux-based and/or Windows server OS management
- Active Directory, LDAP-based directories
- Relational Database systems such as Oracle, MS SQL Server, and MySQL J2EE
- Web-application servers (i.e. Apache, IIS, NGINX, Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic
- Identity & Access Management and/or Federation experience with CA SiteMinder/IdentityMinder, IBM Identity and Access Manager, Oracle Access Manager
- User Provisioning (SCIM)
- Cloud Services such as Azure, O365, AWS
- Networking inc Load Balancers, Firewalls, IP, DNS