CentralSquare Technologies | Development
This Software Engineer is responsible for enhancing andmaintaining existing applications, troubleshooting, and resolving defects in anagile team environment. The Software Engineer conducts complex work withlimited supervision and a wide latitude for independent judgment. The SoftwareEngineer must demonstrate advanced technical proficiency in his/her personalwork as well as contribute to the team’s continued success by increasinghis/her technical knowledge.
- Understands product architecture design and assists the Software Architects in architectural design and prototyping.
- Plays a significant role in design details and code reviews for products throughout the CentralSquare suite of applications.
- Review user stories and implement outstanding technical solutions.
- Develops new enhancements to products in the CentralSquare suite of applications.
- Provides maintenance on existing code for products in the CentralSquare suite of applications. This includes minor product changes and defect repairs.
- Participates in Lean-Agile activities including back-log and sprint planning, stakeholder reviews, daily stand-ups, and retrospectives.
- Operates as a resource for all Software Engineers, providing an open learning environment for cross-team knowledge sharing.
- Shares technical knowledge in both one-on-one and group settings.
- Participates in creating and maintaining department standards for software development best practices.
Interested? Here's what we need from you:
- BS / MS / Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Exceptionally strong analytical and coding skills
- Exceptionally strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Advanced knowledge with SQL and experience with at least one RDBMS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work out of our Sioux Falls office
Bonus points for:
- Very proficient with Python (introspection, metaclasses, decorators, generators, etc.)
- Experienced with the Qt C++ framework
- Experienced with PostgreSQL
- Involved in the local developer community (Meetup, Code Camp, etc.)
- An avid gamer (video, board, RPG, etc.)