DealerSocket | IT Infrastructure - CRM
DealerSocket is a leading provider of software for the automotive industry. Our mission is to drive the future of automotive, by simplifying the experience for its customers and partners with a suite of seamlessly integrated products. DealerSocket’s suite of products includes advanced Customer Relationship Management (CRM), innovative Digital Marketing and Websites, robust Vehicle Inventory Management, insightful Analytics Reporting, and solutions to streamline dealer operations such as Desking, Credit Reporting, Compliance, and a Dealer Management System (DMS) for dealers of all sizes. To put it simply: we help dealers sell and service vehicles more profitably, while improving their customers’ experience. The DealerSocket Team is more than 1,000 employees strong, serving nearly 8,000 dealerships. Visit careers.dealersocket.com to learn more about how you can join our winning team!
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
- Company-paid Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Sick Days & Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Wellness Program that pays up to $200 per year
- Collaborative & Open Office Environment
Our challenge is to use modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, and/or update complex and extremely powerful systems. Our engineering teams need modern practices, tools, and techniques to advance their ability to operate, maintain, and develop customer facing software systems. Equally important is our ability to train and propagate culture, practice, and tools across the organization.
DealerSocket is seeking experienced system engineers who are driven to make the organization stronger, faster, better through improved tooling and training. They must be a quick learner and love challenging themselves to constantly raise the bar. This opportunity requires strong problem-solving skills, an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication as they deliver efficient, well designed, and tested software for a positive user experience. Innovative thinking and well-designed products with an emphasis on performance and stability are a necessity to give our teams the best experience possible.
A core responsibility for this position is to optimize the build processes for a large monolithic .NET solution (200+ projects in one solution).
- Be an ambassador for the DealerSocket vision of DevOps
- Construct of complex engineering solutions
- Apply best practices of software delivery and operation
- Take ownership of solutions as part of an Agile team, which includes assisting in the development of testing automation and other key quality aspects
- Work with architects and other Agile team members to determine new systems and enhancements
- Review code to ensure that each delivery adheres to the original vision and utilizes the latest standards at DealerSocket
- Engage in Agile ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstrations, and team retrospectives
- Respond to support incidents for applications in order to minimize and prevent application outages
- Create and/or update the documentation to support development efforts. Documentation may include detailed specifications, internal training material, architecture diagrams and design documents
- Demonstrate effective communication skills and effective collaboration in a team-oriented environment
- Translate customer and business needs to technical solutions
- Adapt to changing priorities and organizational needs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Expertise with MSBuild and related .NET build tools
- Skilled with Powershell and C#
- Skilled with Version Control management and processes (i.e. BitBucket, Github, Gitlab)
- Familiar with Agile Management Tools (i.e. Confluence, JIRA, VersionOne)
- Familiar with Build Optimization Techniques (Parallelization, Caching)
- Experience with CI & CD Systems (i.e. Octopus, Team City, Jenkins, Gitlab, Bitbucket Pipelines)