Engineer - Ruby on Rails
Numerator | Engineering
We’re looking for a well-rounded and passionate Full Stack Software Developer to join our team in creating an amazing client experience. If you’re interested in working on all layers of a system from developing new UI controls to creating flexible and scalable data architectures with the latest technologies and tools then Numerator is for you.
This person should be self-motivated. We’re not big on constant oversight and micromanagement. We’re looking for software engineers that can take a task, get clarity as needed, and run with it to produce well-designed quality code. You need to love to code and care about quality and design.
We understand that iteration is important to good design and development. We need a person who can take iterative steps toward delivering a solution. Working with the business the entire way to stay on target and deliver amazing results.
Pay Scale: Compensation commensurate with experience.
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum 4+ years of relevant experience in Ruby
- Demonstrated experience working on application development projects and test-driven development
- A strong engineer with excellent Ruby experience working with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with SQL databases – Elasticsearch is a plus
- Experience with REST services and API design
- Knowledge of unit & integration testing
- Knowledge of agile development process
- Experience with version control systems (Git, Subversion etc.)
Having experience in any of the following would be a valuable asset:
- Experience working with AWS
- Experience working with Node.js
- Basic understanding of the HTTP protocol
- Knowledge of business rules engines
- Programming experience on Unix based infrastructure