IT Engineer III – Cloud Engineer
MINDBODY | Product Development
MINDBODY is looking to hire a talented, self-directed individual to join our System Operations team as an IT Engineer III with a heavy focus on Cloud. The candidate’s role includes ensuring the stability, security and responsiveness of our client facing Application, Network administration and system maintenance in a hybrid cloud environment.
It is critical that this individual apply and follow a process-driven approach, but equally important that they must be able to interact with multiple levels of leadership and build positive, collaborative working relationships. The position will require a detail-oriented person who is able to perform under tight deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
The ability to communicate clearly and directly using both verbal and written communication is required. The candidate should be able to translate and explain technical concepts from one tech discipline (e.g. networking, virtualization, cloud resources) into other tech disciplines.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, deploy and administer Enterprise resources in Public Cloud and on-premise environments.
- Monitor and troubleshoot issues with Production applications across the enterprise.
- Review and implement Firewall and network changes in on-premise and cloud hosted environments.
- Review and remediate security vulnerabilities discovered by internal and external tools, penetration testing, and other sources.
- Perform monthly security patching.
- Work closely with Development and QA teams to provision resources, troubleshoot test environments.
- Implement and manage continuous delivery systems and methodologies to the Cloud.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Expert experience architecting and provisioning highly available resources on the AWS platform (VPCs, Subnets, EC2 instances, Firewalls)
- Experience with implementing and managing and monitoring Technologies (New Relic, Cloudwatch).
· Good understanding of network concepts, including Firewalls, Load balancers (Cisco ASA, F5 preferred), DNS (Route 53).
- Moderate knowledge supporting, configuring, optimizing and troubleshooting .NET applications running on IIS
- Experience implementing security compliance requirements (e.g. PCI-DSS, CSC, SOX, HIPAA, etc.)
- Experience deploying and administering Containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Hands on experience with Microservices/Serverless architectures is a plus.
- Expert Scripting experience (PowerShell, Python, etc.)
- Infrastructure as Code Experience (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Expertise in problem solving and analyzing global scale distributed systems.
- Strong sense of ownership and teamwork across various technical disciplines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Positive and professional attitude, with strong attention to detail