Senior Software Engineer
Granicus | Software/Application Development
The Senior Software Engineer role at Granicus is for developers who lead the agile development team by example. They regularly take on the most difficult technical tasks and consistently make significant contributions to all areas of the Granicus product suite. In addition to those contributions, the Senior Software Engineer is a key contributor when new features are being groomed and planned by their team. Their application knowledge is indispensable in this area.
Senior Software Engineers not only have deep expertise in multiple different applications, but they also understand and directly contribute to the management of Granicus’ technical infrastructure.
Finally, the Senior Software Engineer is a go-to technical resource for anyone in the broader Granicus technology organization. They fully understand the deployment and support of applications in all environments and are an excellent mentor to groups and individuals within and outside of the development team.
What You’ll Do:
- Write high-quality software using the test-driven development methodology
- Develop and maintain highly complex features for multiple applications within the Granicus product suite
- Participate in all agile ceremonies like: grooming, planning, stand up, review and retro
- Mentor/ coach software engineers with less experience
- Collaborate with your Scrum team, the Development team, and the broader Product Organization
- Champion the development team’s core values
Who You Are:
- You have multiple years of experience developing, testing, shipping, and supporting production-quality web applications
- You possess expert-level knowledge of one or more the following programming languages: C#, C++, VB and frameworks/ platforms: .NET, .NET Core, ASP, MVC, WCF, WPF
- Basic knowledge of one or more programming languages (Ruby, Java, PHP, or SQL) and/or frameworks (Rails, Mule, Drupal, WordPress) also used in our stack
- You have experience with and a commitment to Continuous Integration
- You are committed to quality and the craft of software development
- You are passionate about learning new things and can do so quickly
- You can serve as a technical leader of an open, collaborative, and extraordinarily skilled software development team
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.