Engineer - Crawling and Bots
Numerator | Engineering
Owned by Vista Equity Partners, one of the largest and most successful data and software private equity firms in the world, Numerator provides unparalleled consumer insights at a massive scale. Our technology harnesses data through the application of gamified mobile apps and sophisticated web crawling technology to deliver an unmatched view of consumer shopping and purchase experience.
Numerator is currently looking for a Software Developer to join our Crawling & Bot Team here in Pune. In this role, you will be responsible for helping to grow and maintain a library of thousands of web crawling bots used by fortune 500 brands and retailers. Day-to-day, you’ll come up with creative solutions to complex problems, and learn new skills to complement your existing abilities.
This is a great role for those who are looking for hands-on experience with high visibility and impact. We welcome fresh ideas and approaches as we constantly aim to improve our development processes. Our team has experience using a wide range of technologies and years of cloud and big data experience. We are always learning and growing, so we can guarantee that you won’t be bored with us!
If you are seeking an environment where you get to do meaningful work with other great engineers, then we want to hear from you!
What you will get to do
● Write clean, efficient, thoroughly tested code, back-up with pair programming and code reviews. Much of our code is Python, but we use all kinds of languages and frameworks.
● Maintain the platform that puts reports and visualizations into the hands of our customers.
● Troubleshoot, test, and maintain the platform, bots, and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality.
● Evaluate the technical tradeoffs of decisions and build things that last and scale.
● Maintain and fix existing bot issues.
● Create and analyze new bot technologies - figuring out how we can scale up our bots and systems.
What you bring
● 1 to 3 years Programming experience in Python.
● An eagerness to learn new things, and improve upon existing skills, abilities and practices.
● Experience with databases, SQL or noSQL.
● Knowledge in an Agile software development environment,
● Experience with REST services and API design.
● Experience with version control systems (Git, Subversion, etc..).
● Have a real passion for clean code and finding elegant solutions to problems.
● Eager to expand your knowledge and abilities in python and cloud-based technologies.
● Motivation to participate in ongoing learning and growth through pair programming, test-driven development, code reviews, and application of new technologies and best practices.
● You look ahead to identify opportunities and foster a culture of innovation.
● BS in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
Nice to haves
● Knowledge of business rules engines.
● Experience in UI frameworks React, Ember, Angular
● Knowledge of TCP/IP sockets
● Programming experience on Unix based infrastructure.
● Knowledge of cloud-based systems (EC2, Rackspace, etc..).
● Expertise with big data, analytics, machine learning, and personalization.
What we offer you
● An inclusive and collaborative company culture - we work in an open environment while working together to get things done, and adapt to the changing needs as they come.
● An opportunity to have an impact in a technologically data-driven company.
● Ownership over platforms and environments in an industry-leading product.
● Volunteer time off and charitable donation matching
● Strong support for career growth, including mentorship programs, leadership training, access to conferences and employee resources groups.
● Regular Hack Days to build your own projects and knowledge sharing sessions.
If this sounds like something you would like to be part of, we’d love for you to apply! Don't worry if you think that you don't meet all the qualifications here. The tools, technology, and methodologies we use are constantly changing and we value talent and interest over specific experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.