Windows Systems Engineer
Granicus | IT and Internal Support
As a Systems Engineer in the Corporate Information Technology organization, you will join the team responsible for the management lifecycle of the entire Granicus internal infrastructure, including the datacenter, network, servers, and supporting applications needed to run Granicus’s internal services. We maintain a very exciting, high transaction environment built on our internal cloud infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of data center systems as well as experience with Windows based server infrastructure and a base knowledge of corporate networks. The Systems Engineer reports directly to the IT Manager, works in a group with other administrators, and has close ties to the Infrastructure Engineering team.
What You’ll Do:
• Maintain and optimize performance of the following with a focus on availability, scalability, and simplification:
o Virtualized Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016
o Windows AD Environment
• Document Changes, Incidents, and problems from a technical support perspective
• Install new software releases, system upgrades, evaluate and install patches, and perform system backups/recovery
• Provide Support and act as an escalation point for Tier 2 resources
• Triage, resolve and document Incidents and problems
• Execute well documented Change Controls
• Take initiative to suggest and implement improvements, enhancements especially geared towards automating Granicus systems.
• Ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all information assets
• Manage and maintain SCCM desktop images and packages for end users
Who You Are:
• You have 4+ years’ experience supporting Windows Enterprise Server 2008, 2012 and 2016
• You can demonstrate experience with PowerShell, or other scripting languages.
• You have experience with MS Active Directory Configuration and Management.
• You have experience administrating Windows Servers in a virtual environment.
• You have experience working within an ITIL operational framework as it relates to incident, Change, Problem and Configuration Management.
• You have experience with Network Storage in a Virtual Environment.
• You have working knowledge of Certificate and Certificate Management.
• You have experience with IP Networks
• You have experience with IP Network Services including DNS, NTP, SSH, etc.
• Experience with Linux OS – CentOS or Ubuntu
• Experience with VMware / ESXI Virtualization
• Understanding of security frameworks such as ISO 27001, NIST 800-53 and FedRAMP
• BA/BS in a technology related discipline
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.