Software Engineer II
MINDBODY | Products & Engineering
MINDBODY is the leading technology platform for the health, wellness, and beauty industry. Local entrepreneurs worldwide rely on MINDBODY to run their businesses, and consumers use MINDBODY every day. The products we build impact more than 60,000 businesses, and millions of consumers!
Our team Bowtie, a recent acquisition of MINDBODY, works on an AI receptionist and messaging platform that uses artificial intelligence to chat with customers and help businesses connect with their clients more efficiently. Our mission is to bring freedom and peace of mind to business owners so they can focus on doing what they love, instead of stressing out over missed customers.
We're looking for a full stack engineer who’s eager to design and implement customer-facing features, lead projects, and work cross-functionally to execute the technical vision of the product. We’re a fast-paced, focused, humble group with a sense of humor, and we look forward to meeting you!
Day to day:
- Develop impactful features for the Bowtie product
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain high quality software (aka ship lots of code)
- Collaborate cross-functionally with developers, product managers, and designers on projects
- Collaborate with senior team members on key architecture decisions
- Participate in regular code reviews
- Learn and adopt best practices and coding standards
- Create and refine technical documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Proficiency with relational databases (SQL)
- Familiarity with Git, CI/CD
- Familiarity with production cloud environments (AWS, Heroku)
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Understanding of web technologies and APIs
- 1-2 years of industry experience in programming high quality web applications, mobile and/or large-scale products in a team environment
- Experience with test-driven development and writing and maintaining high level test coverage, including both unit and integration tests
- Passion for problem solving and strong communication skills