Lead Software Engineer
MINDBODY | Products & Engineering
MINDBODY is the leading technology platform for the health, wellness, and beauty industry. Local entrepreneurs worldwide rely on MINDBODY to run their businesses, and consumers use MINDBODY every day. The products we build impact more than 60,000 businesses, and millions of consumers!
Our team Bowtie, a recent acquisition of MINDBODY, works on an AI receptionist and messaging platform that uses artificial intelligence to chat with customers and help businesses connect with their clients more efficiently. Our mission is to bring freedom and peace of mind to business owners so they can focus on doing what they love, instead of stressing out over missed customers.
We're looking for a seasoned full stack dev to design and implement customer-facing features, lead projects, mentor junior engineers, and work cross-functionally to shape the technical vision. We’re a fast-paced, focused, humble group with a sense of humor, and we look forward to meeting you!
Day to day:
- Lead the development of impactful features for the Bowtie product
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain high quality software (aka ship lots of code)
- Collaborate cross-functionally with developers, product managers, and designers
- Collaborate with engineering leadership on key architecture decisions
- Participate in regular code reviews, often in a mentorship capacity
- Establish and refine internal best practices and coding standards
- Create and refine technical documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Expertise in relational databases (SQL)
- Expertise in production cloud environments (AWS, Heroku)
- Expertise in Unix shell scripting
- Familiarity with building fully automated CI/CD pipelines
- Familiarity with Containers and Infrastructure as Code tools (Docker)
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- 3-4 years of industry experience with scalable web/mobile applications in a team environment
- Experience leading projects from start to finish
- Experience with test-driven development and writing and maintaining high level test coverage, including both unit and integration tests
- Passion for problem solving and strong communication skills