CentralSquare Technologies | Sales & Marketing
The Proposal Writer creates content for proposals and other writing projects for. Gathers material from a wide variety of sources and interprets it without changing meaning. Deciphers technical descriptions and translates them into clear language for a general audience. Writes compelling transmittal letters that effectively highlight the differentiators of the proposed solution and any unique details; uses appropriate tone and terminology.
- Coordinate the scheduling and production of proposals by working with sales and sales support staff, including gathering sufficient details to create compelling transmittal letters.
- Request and gather information from groups such as product management, interface analysts, system operations, and data conversion.
- Ensure that proposals are delivered on time based on agency needs or schedule.
- Assist with maintaining the proposal template to keep it current with advances/changes in CentralSquare products and services. Maintain and update a library of boilerplate content that can be reused and easily modified for unique proposals.
- Ensure that all materials are well-written, grammatically correct, consistent in voice and terminology, and accurate.
- Maintain sufficient familiarity with the price sheet in order to ensure the accuracy of pricing included in proposals.
- Use Salesforce to track all documents associated with each opportunity, including proposals, pricing, addenda to proposals, and any unique documentation provided to the agency.
- Manage requests from sales team to other departments such as data reviews, product descriptions, and interface information for inclusion in proposal and other documents.
- Assist with RFPs, RFIs, contracts, and other technical writing as needed.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Technical Writing or equivalent experience preferred.
- Specialized knowledge: Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Salesforce helpful.
- Computer skills: Advanced experience with Microsoft Office tools and proficiency working with Word templates and document styles.
- Experience: Prior writing experience from a sales or technical background preferred. Must be highly organized and possess excellent task management, writing, and editing skills; strong analytical skills and ability to think independently; presentation, reasoning, and problem-solving skills; and establish a solid working relationship with supported staff, managers, and peers.
- Effective oral and written communications skills are essential. This position must be able to interact with all levels of personnel and proposal team members.