Regional Technical Support Manager
Ping Identity | Support & Maintenance (3100)
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however, they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
The Global Support Organization is the foremost interface between Ping and our highly valued customers and partners. We operate a follow-the-sun, multi-site, model. We work with our partners and customers twenty-four hours a day on mission critical services that affect both their workforce and customers. We enable our customers to be successful in the application, administration, maintenance and tuning of their Ping solutions.
We strive to create an open and transparent workplace where teamwork is key and self-service learning is expected. Our focus is on customer service where we go the extra mile, we challenge ourselves to do better in an inclusive and cooperative environment which has continuous feedback and development opportunities.
The successful candidate will play a critical role in rapidly and strategically evolving the company’s core support services. As a Technical Support Manager, you will be responsible for managing technical support engineers in servicing Ping customers with problem identification and resolution. The ability to work with all levels of management, gain a quick understanding of SaaS technologies, drive high customer satisfaction and retention. In addition, we seek advanced business acumen with the ability to quickly link strategic goals, objectives and business capabilities.
- Manage distributed technical team consisting of multi-tier capabilities, while maintaining high customer satisfaction, support engineer utilization, and support margin.
- Monitors, reviews and reports consistently on team operations and hot accounts, while developing and managing “get well” plans until resolution.
- Deliver world class customer support to stakeholders to maximize value realization and act as escalation point to ensure appropriate response time and visibility of support teams.
- Interacts and maintains relationships with cross functional teams and effectively communicate to technical and non-technical audiences on support managed issues.
- Conducts interviews, hires new support engineers, and works with support enablement to onboard, train new hires and set them up for success.
- Inspires his/her team through prescriptive coaching and direct feedback regularly, while leveraging available tools to reward and encourage good behaviours and performance.
- Coaches and provides career guidance that is aligned with succession plan for continuous development.
- Assist team to resolve complex edge-case issues that are out of policy or operational issues.
- Receives and executes on objectives and established individual/organizational goals delivered by his/her direct manager.
- B.S. or B.A. in Information Systems, Business Administration or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Must have a minimum of least 3 years of experience leading support group for enterprise customers.
- Experience in a fast-paced, ever-changing and growing environment
- Passion for improving the customer experience and success
- High level of initiative with the ability to work effectively, independently and collaboratively under broad direction, while juggling multiple competing priorities
- Work closely with cross functional stakeholders to ensure customer success is being achieved.
- Familiar with SaaS applications (SalesForce, Service Cloud, Google, etc) Supporting SaaS solution
- Ability to work in a collaborative, dynamic team environment and interact at all levels.
- Experience achieving KPI objectives through performance management methods.