Senior Security Analyst
Advanced | IT Services
Advanced Security and Compliance
Senior Security Operations Analyst
Advanced is the UK’s third largest provider of business software and services with over a £254m turnover, over 19,000 customers and over 2,300 employees. We provide enterprise and market-focused solutions that allow our customers to reimagine what is possible, innovate in their sectors and improve the lives of millions of people in the UK.
Advanced solutions help to care for 65 million patients in the UK, send 10 million sports fans through the turnstiles, manage over £1 billion in charity donations, support 2.5 million students and get over 1.2 billion passengers to their destinations on time.
We support both Public and Private Organisations in Healthcare, Business, Education, Sports, Finance, Transport and Legal, covering everything from local Government and Charities through to Critical National Infrastructure and Large organisations.
Information Security is a key requirement of any business and even more so for Advanced. To do this we need to challenge the status quo, collaborate, standardise and automate in order to build and improve relationships with our current and future clients.
The Security Operations team are responsible for the delivery of Operational Security across the business enabling services to our customers. You will be part of a wider team covering all aspects of Cyber Security and reporting into the Director of Security and Compliance.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
This is a key leadership role with a strong focus on people, process and tooling; your remit will cover all aspects of Cyber Security.
- 24/7 – Provide 24/7 coverage, 365 days a year. This is done through a day shift rotation (7.5hrs) covering core hrs (7am-7pm) on weekdays and a duty on-call shift periodically for out of core hours. Shift allowance included.
- Response – Lead Security Detection and Response activities with your knowledge and expertise to multiple customers.
- Triage – Triage Events and Incidents and apply Containment and Eradication strategies to remediate the risk.
- Analyse - Analyse multiple security data sources to determine where malicious activities are occurring and respond accordingly.
- Control Adjustment – Identification of missing controls and adjustment of security tooling to provide compensation of remediation.
- Knowledge – Knowledge and experience of Cyber Security events and incidents vital to delivering a successful outcome to our customers.
- Familiarity – Knowledge or experience with Windows and Unix Operating Systems.
- Security Tooling – Understanding of security tooling and what it will perform and why
- Development - Research the latest information technology security trends.
- Collaborate – Collaboration with IT technical teams to deliver Information Security services and improvements.
- Mentor – Mentor a team of Security analysts though security events and incidents and help shape their development to become the next generation of cyber security professionals/
We are not looking to employ someone to do the job, we are looking for someone to own the challenge and deliver us into a position where we are two steps ahead.
You will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Degree or Professional Industry experience – Essential
- Professional Information Security qualifications – Essential
- Keen analytical mind and approach to problems.
- Viewing certainty over assumption as a priority.
- A strong team player.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence colleges.
- A good all-round knowledge of IT systems, platforms and software development techniques.