Senior Software Engineer
CentralSquare Technologies | Development
The Senior Software Engineer is responsiblefor enhancing and maintaining existing applications, troubleshooting, andresolving defects in an agile team environment. The Senior Software Engineerconducts complex work with limited supervision and a wide latitude forindependent judgment. The Software Engineer must demonstrate advanced technicalproficiency in his/her personal work as well as contribute to the team’scontinued success by increasing his/her technical knowledge.
- Understands product architecture design and assists the Software Architects in architectural design and prototyping.
- Plays a significant role in design details and code reviews for products throughout the CentralSquare suite of applications.
- Review user stories and implement outstanding technical solutions.
- Develops new enhancements to products in the CentralSquare suite of applications.
- Provides maintenance on existing code for products in the CentralSquare suite of applications. This includes minor product changes and defect repairs.
- Participates in Lean-Agile activities including back-log and sprint planning, stakeholder reviews, daily stand-ups, and retrospectives.
- Operates as a resource for all Software Engineers, providing an open learning environment for cross-team knowledge sharing.
- Shares technical knowledge in both one-on-one and group settings.
- Participates in creating and maintaining department standards for software development best practices.
- BS / MS / Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Exceptionally strong analytical and coding skills
- Exceptionally strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- 7+ years of software lifecycle experience
- Advanced knowledge with at least one of the following: Python, C++, C#, Java
- Advanced knowledge with SQL and experience with at least one RDBMS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work out of our Sioux Falls office
Also a plus:
- Very proficient with Python (introspection, metaclasses, decorators, generators, etc.)
- Experienced with the Qt C++ framework
- Experienced with PostgreSQL
- Involved in the local developer community (Meetup, Code Camp, etc.)
- An avid gamer (video, board, RPG, etc.)