Senior Software Engineer (.NET)
PowerSchool | R&D
Software Engineer (.Net) :
PowerSchool is seeking a Senior Software Engineer for its Enrollment product. This position, under the general direction of the Lead and/or Manager, Software Engineering, will be responsible for technical development for our award-winning K-12 software. This role will include code, build, develop new features, maintain existing features, and reporting features for Enrollment product.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Analyze, debug and resolve issues reported for Enrollment product following best practices such as authoring or updating unit tests, writing maintainable code, applying established design patterns and algorithms.
- Analyze performance and develop improvements to performance of web application.
- Perform upgrades to 3rd party libraries and tools used by the Enrollment product.
- Implement user stories for the product following best practices such as authoring of unit tests, writing maintainable code, applying established patterns and algorithms.
- Specialize in client and server-side web application development as a member of a project team. Preference for familiarity with the full technical stack.
- Develop software to support internal initiatives, tools, update framework and application functionality.
- Work as part of an Agile SCRUM team in the planning, scoping, estimation and execution of technical solutions.
- Work within a wide range of new and legacy code and technologies in a mature codebase.
- Be a team player and handle couple of Junior Engineers.
To be considered for and to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technologies required or equivalent experience
- 5-7+ years’ successful work experience in software engineering
- 4-5+ years’ experience with .NET framework
- Knowledge of current web client technologies including ability to demonstrate proficiency with HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, AJAX, SQL, JSON, MVC, NHibernate, Angular and C#.
- Knowledge of student applications or K-12 experience
- Strong knowledge of relational databases and SQL.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong ability to handle a heavy workload with multiple projects and frequent interruptions.
- Strong ability to work in a changing, dynamic environment.
- Experience with or all of the following would be a plus
- ASP.NET MVC
- Entity Framework
- Angular JS
- TypeScript 2
- Microsoft development environments: Visual Studio 2015, 2017, 2019
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Git hub
- Microsoft SQL Server and Windows Server environments
- Microsoft Reporting Services
- Agile development