Manager, Web Engineering
Jamf | 800 - Marketing
Who we are:
Jamf, the standard for Apple in the enterprise, extends the legendary Apple experience people love to businesses, schools, and government organizations. After watching hundreds of users struggle to deploy, update, and secure Apple computers, iPads, and iPhones in business and in the classroom, we knew there had to be a better way to handle such pesky IT functions. Removing the barriers of technology and empowering doctors to treat patients, teachers to teach, and businesses to thrive.
Today, more than 34,000 customers from more than 150 countries rely on Jamf to help them succeed with Apple. We don’t say we are the best, but we strive to be the best. We are a group of curious, self-starters with a passion for making people’s lives easier, paving the way for a better Apple experience in government organizations, hospitals, businesses, and schools.
What you’ll do at Jamf:
At Jamf, we empower people to be their best selves and do their best work. The Manager, Web Engineering is responsible for the day-to-day management of a web development team and their deliverables. The Manager works closely with key stakeholders to meet strategic business objectives. The Web Engineering Manager will ensure their team is aware of and understands the what, the how, and the why of current priorities. The Manager is an expert at their craft and will guide their team towards also becoming experts.
- Maintains current knowledge in present areas of responsibility (i.e., self-education, attends ongoing educational programs).
- Leads the software development efforts of the team and utilizes expertise on techniques, tools, languages, and practices to guide and mentor.
- Guides and mentor teams in solving the problems of building performant and production-ready web applications through modular, reusable code.
- Monitors and manages results through planning, attention to detail, and decision-making.
- Identifies and proactively manages and mitigates project obstacles and risks.
- Reviews and revises project work plans as needed to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Reviews and analyzes existing workflows and practices for effectiveness and efficiency.
- Researches and understands the best technical solutions for team’s code base.
- Ensures the overall code quality of the code base, through consistent direction and team alignment.
- Mentors Software Engineers and Developers on the appropriate technical solutions for features, coding techniques, and tools.
- Ensures consistent and effective application of Lean principles and Agile development practices.
- Performs key people management responsibilities including hiring, onboarding, developing, and supervising team along with conducting performance appraisals and coaching for performance and career growth.
- Ensures the teams they interact with understand Jamf values, mission, goals and engineering priorities and can make the connection between the work they are doing and the greater organization.
- 4 year / Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field (preferred), or a combination of relevant experience and education
- Preferred Certifications/Licensures: (Certified Scrum Masters training (CSM training), Certified Scrum Developer training (CSD training), Certified Scrum Product Owner training (CSPO training))
- 5-7 years professional experience in Enterprise Software development roles demonstrating progressive knowledge and growth in responsibilities (Required)
- 2-4 years in management or supervisory role (Required)
- General Experience with web technologies and infrastructure (Required)
How we help you reach your best potential:
- We are progressive, but laid back. You are free to be you and work how you work best. Here, you manage your own day and your own work style.
- Be your own self-starter. We support each other no doubt, but we thrive taking initiative and are empowered to roll up our sleeves, dig in, and push forward.
- Everyone has a voice, and everyone can make a difference, our more than 90% employee retention rate agrees!
- Opportunity to make a real and meaningful impact for more than 34,000 global customers with the best Apple Device Management solution in the world
- We put people over profits – which is why our customers keep coming back to us at a 96% customer retention rate
- We embrace all perspectives. Our employee led I&D groups encourage employees to make real, actionable differences here at Jamf.
- 20 of the Top 25 Fortune 500 companies rely on Jamf to do their best work.
- We are relentless, but we are selfless. You can create and be creative, dig in, break it down, and troubleshoot to help others make sense of technology.
- Opportunity to make a real and meaningful impact for people by constantly building and improving the best Apple enterprise solution in the world.
You are the right kind of Jamf if:
You go above and beyond for others, genuine and willing to help, always. You support the team around you, you don’t point fingers or pass blame. You take responsibility for your actions, are open, and respect others. You value different perspectives, in how you work and how you learn. You are naturally inquisitive, like to create and be creative. You are a problem solver, curious and resourceful, self-driven and constantly improving. You roll up your sleeves and dig in. You are excited by not knowing what may lie ahead. You are willing to take risks, try new things, even fail just to do it better next time. You’re not a jerk. You put people first. You are a good person, someone who just wants to do the right thing.
Our mission is simple; we help organizations succeed with Apple. At Jamf, we put people first. We focus on the human before we focus on the technology. We are just good people that have it in their gut to do what’s right – for our customers, our employees, and our communities.